Philosophy, Religion & Ethics
The Philosophy, Religion and Ethics Department at Enfield Grammar School provides our pupils the opportunity to explore ultimate questions. We investigate ideas about the nature of God, the universe, life and ethics. We teach the skills of analysis, evaluation and cross-examination. We promote respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and believes and those with none.
- An introduction to AQA GCSE Religious Studies;
- The 4 themes and beliefs, teachings and practices of Christianity
- The 4 themes and beliefs, teachings and practices of Islam
- The nature of God
We follow the AQA GCSE specification for Religious Studies A (9-1) Christianity & Islam. This assesses students with 1 exam paper at the end of the 2 year course.
- Religion and Life (metaphysics and ethics)
- The Existence of God and Revelation (philosophy, metaphysics & theology)
- Religion, Peace and Conflict (philosophy, theology & ethics)
- Religion, Human Rights and Social Justice (philosophy, ethics, sociology & theology)
- Christianity, Beliefs and Teachings (exegesis)
- Christian Practices
- Islamic, Beliefs and Teachings (exegesis)
- Muslim Practices
Further information: AQA GCSE Religious Studies A (911) Christianity & Islam (8062)
We follow the AQA A Level specification for Religious Studies. This assesses students with 2 exam papers at the end of the 2 year course.
- Component 1 – Philosophy of Religion and Ethics – Arguments for the existence of God, evil & suffering, religious experience, normative ethical theories
- Component 2 – Study of Islam – sources of wisdom & authority, God, Self, death & the afterlife, good conduct & key moral principles, expression of religious identity
Further information: AQA A Level Religious Studies (7062)